LOCAL STORIES, TRAVEL INTEL AND MODERN LORE, INCLUDING:
- Where to find authentic Navajo rugs
- The best burger-and-shake joint in Moab, Utah
- Historic outlaws and lawmen of note
- Scenic back roads from every southwestern state
- A map of stunning Grand Canyon overlooks
- Intel on seeing New Mexico from a hot air balloon
- Pointers on high desert photography
- Expert selection on retro inns and destination hotels
- Legends and lore from Canyon de Chelly
- An interview with an Arizona shaman
Wildsam Field Guides: Desert Southwest leads travelers into the most authentic experience of this American region, working closely with an eclectic team of trusted locals.
Contributors include historian and author Hampton Sides, astronomer Deidre Hunter, vintage curator Scott Corey, artist Rose B. Simpson, shaman Jade Wah’oo Grigori and agave aficionado Bryan Eichhorst, among others. Topics in the handsome volume include itineraries for classic adventures across the Southwest, tips from park rangers, green chili stew, land rights, Georgia O’Keeffe, outlaws, desert plants, atomic bomb testing and more.
A portion of the proceeds from the sale of this books benefits Spread the Word Nevada a children's literacy non-profit organization. For more information on this organization, please visit: https://spreadthewordnevada.org/